What is Odin?
Odin is a Samsung firmware flashing tool designed for the Windows OS. Odin is generally used for manually updating the Samsung Galaxy devices by using official stock firmware. Other than this, Odin is also used to Unroot, Unbrick, and restore the default factory settings on the Samsung device. Also, Odin can be used to upgrade your device firmware to the latest Android version manually.
Odin is a Windows-based one-click tool used by Samsung to install stock ROM, Kernels, CF-Auto-Root, TWRP recovery, etc. The company uses this software for testing purposes, and that is why the company did not release this software officially to the end-users. It was just leaked on the internet.
Features Of Odin
- Update to the latest Samsung Firmware
- Demotion to the earlier stable version
- Fix up the software bugs or glitches
- Support custom kernels and different mods as well.
- Solve out the internet connectivity issues
- Fix up the boot loop problem
- No installation is required.
- Odin supports custom ROMs such as LineageOS.
- Odin also supports TWRP custom recovery.
- Odin supports the PIT file for Re-partition.
- Fix black screen or soft brick problems
- It also supports CF-Auto-Root for rooting.
- It occupies minimal space.
- Simple user interface and extremely light
Steps to Use Odin Software
Odin software is used differently for different purposes. To use it, you are supposed to download all the prerequisites things first and then proceed further.
Step 1: Run As Administrator.
Step 2: Turn on the USB debugging.
Step 3: Turn your Samsung device On in the Odin mode-
- Switch off your phone
- Press Power key, Home Key, and Volume Down Key altogether until the warning screen is not displayed.
- Press Volume Up Key to boot up the Samsung device in Odin Mode
Step 4: To install stock ROM click on the AP button and select the stock ROM file and install the bootloader or custom recovery, select that file instead of Stock ROM.
Step 5: Then click on the start button to begin. After the completion, you will get a success message when the process is finished without any errors.
How To Install Samsung Firmware by Using Odin?
- A Windows-based PC and a Samsung USB cable
- The phone’s battery must be fully charged before proceeding.
- A complete backup of the phone is essential.
- Turn On the USB debugging mode of the mobile phone.
- Turn Off all the security tools and Antivirus on the PC.
Steps to Install Samsung Firmware
Step 1: Install Samsung USB Driver on the Windows PC.
Step 2: Download the latest version of Odin for PC
Step 3: Download the Samsung Firmware File
Step 4: Extract the Firmware Zip File
Step 5: Boot the Samsung Phone in Odin Mode
Step 6: Connect your Samsung mobile phone to the PC
Step 7: Download the Odin Multi Downloader Version
Step 8: Add the Samsung Firmware Files to Odin Software
Step 9: Start the Samsung Firmware Flashing Process
Step 10: Finish up the Samsung Firmware Flashing Process