This new method is favored not just because it supports the devices running on the latest V7 bootloader, but it was also comparatively easy than the previous ones.
Apart from this, XDA RC developer jr kruse has founded an even shorter and simpler method to root the Snapdragon Galaxy S8+, which is different from the one that is followed by the regular Galaxy S8 users, and it does not include flashing the combination firmware at all. Instead of this, you can flash the pre rooted android Nougat straight away using the Odin Tool.
Things To Be Done Before Root Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon
- Backup of your complete data from the phone is required to be created as the device’s rooting process will erase the complete data from the device’s storage.
- The battery level of your phone must be sufficiently charged so that the low battery can’t create any hurdle in the process of rooting as it is a time-consuming process.
- The Latest Samsung Mobile USB drivers must be downloaded and installed on the computer.
- Avoid using a USB port for flashing the files via Odin.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon
Step 1: Perform Factory Reset and Boot Galaxy S8+ in Odin Mode
- Firstly, Switch off your Galaxy S8+.
- Press the Volume Up, Power, and the Bixby Keys altogether and then release the Power Key and then keep holding the rest as soon as the phone gets turn On.
- Your Samsung Galaxy phone should now be in the stock recovery mode.
- Use Volume keys to choose the “wipe data or factory reset” option and then hit the power key to confirm the selection.
- When it gets prompted, then select the “Factory data reset” to execute the factory reset.
- Once completed, select the “Reboot to Bootloader” option to directly boot your Galaxy S8+ into the Odin Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable while it is in Download /Odin Mode.
Step 2: Install the Pre Rooted Android Nougat ROM
- Firstly download the Nougat Rescue ROM package to the computer.
- Then extract the downloaded RAR file to the computer by using an archive utility such as 7Zip, WinRAR, and many more.
- Extracted files may consist of the BL and AP firmware files and the modded Odin v3.13.1 tool by Raymond.
- Then Launch the Odin tool on your Windows computer by double click on the “Modded Odin v3.13.1 Raymonf.exe” executable file.
- Tap the BL button and then select the extracted file in the BL slot.
- Uncheck the “Auto Reboot” in Odin’s options menu. This will prevent the phone from rebooting automatically after the completion of the flashing process.
- Click on the Start button to flash the file to your Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone.
- Once the file is flashed, Odin will display a PASS message, and then you can close the Tool.
- Now force reboot your phone into the download mode by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together. And as the screen goes off, press the Volume Down, Power, and Bixby keys altogether to enter into the download mode.
- Then launch the Odin Tool again and load the file in the AP slot.
- Tap the start button to flash the pre-rooted Nougat ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S8+.
- Odin will then display the FAIL message this time, and the phone will display that the software update has failed, which is normal and a part of the process.
- Re-launch the Odin Tool and load the BL file in the BL slot and then flash it.
After the flashing process gets completed, the phone will automatically get a reboot.