Nowadays, several people wish to customize their devices according to their requirements, and if you also stand out as one of those people, you have caught the right page. If you planned to buy or use the Xiaomi Poco X2 or Redmi K30 phone and wanted to root it, then go through this guide and follow the steps to root your device by using the Magisk Manager.
- You should surely take a complete backup of your data from the phone for a safer side as the rooting process can wipe off your whole data.
- Download and Install the ADB and the Fastboot tools on the computer.
- Download the fastboot Rom to grab the boot image file by extracting it.
- A computer connected with the USB cable
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your computer.
Steps To Root the Xiaomi Poco X2 Device
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Poco X2 or Redmi K30
- Firstly, visit the device’s official Unlock page and get the permissions for unlocking the bootloader of that particular device.
- Sign up with your MI account and then fill the form with a valid reason. Wait for the Xiaomi device’s permission, which generally takes 7 to 10 days to receive the response.
- Once you get the message from Xiaomi, which says that you are now eligible to unlock the bootloader, only you can start unlocking the bootloader on your device by using the Mi Unlock Tool.
Step 2: Extract And Patch Up The Boot Image File By Magisk.
- I hope that you must have already downloaded and installed the Stock Firmware on your device. Now you need to download the stock boot image for the MIUI software version, which is currently installed on your device, and then extract the file on your personal computer.
- Connect your mobile phone to the computer with the USB cable and then transfer the extracted boot image file to your device storage.
- In the next step, download the Magisk Manager on your device and install it on your phone.
- Then launch the application on your device and then select the Install Option to choose the boot file.
- You will then see the “Patch Boot Image File” and click on it.
- Please wait for some time, and then magisk will start patching the boot image by itself.
- Once the boot image file has been patched, it will automatically be stored in the Downloads folder of the phone’s internal storage.
Step 3: Flash The Patched Boot Image On Your Xiaomi Phone
- Firstly transfer the patched boot image from the internal storage of your device to the computer.
- Please switch off the Xiaomi Poco X2/Redmi K30 and then boot it into the Fastboot Mode.
- Then open the command window PowerShell on the computer.
- Flash the patched boot image and then root your device by entering the command line window’s specific commands.
- Then the flashing process will get started. Once it is done, RUN the command to reboot your Xiaomi or Redmi device back into the operating system.
- Once these steps are done, it means that your device is successfully rooted, and if not, then follow these steps again very carefully.