In this guidebook, we will be discussing how to restart all the iPhone models, and along with that, we will also discuss the hard reset on iPhone. The instructions provided here will then be applied to all the iPhones, making no difference whether it is an old one or a new one.
An iPhone is a very powerful computer that fits comfortably in your hands. It has been around us for a long time; Apple has managed to keep people interested in the iPhone by modifying and reinventing it. iPhone works in a very similar manner to a laptop or a desktop. Sometimes some specific issues may arise, requiring you to restart your iPhone or reset it to fix the issues.
Restarting an iPhone is a very simple process; you need to turn off the iPhone and then turn it on again. And after restarting it, if the iPhone does not respond when you hold the power button, you may have to reset your iPhone.
How To Restart An iPhone 12, X, XS, and XR?
- Firstly, hold the Volume Down button and the Sleep/Wake buttons down simultaneously. The Volume up button also works. However, you may accidentally capture the screenshot if you use it.
- It would help if you then waited until the slide to power off the slider will appear.
- In the next step, move the slider from the left to the right side to turn off the phone.
Restart Other Models of iPhone
- Press and hold down the Sleep/Wake tab until the power off slider appears on the display screen. The newer models of the iPhone and the iPhone 6 series are situated on the right side. On all other models, it is situated at the top of the phone.
- When the slider appears to power off, then release the Sleep/Wake tab.
- After that, move the power off slider from the left to the right side. And this will shut down your iPhone. A spinner will then appear on the display screen to let you know that the shutdown process has started.
- After the phone is shut down, then hold down the Sleep/Wake tab again unless you see the Apple logo on the display screen. When the logo gets appears, which means that the phone is starting up. By this time, you can release the tab and permit the startup process to finish.
Steps To Hard Reset iPhone 12, X, XS, and XR
- Firstly, Press and then release the Volume Up tab on the left side of the iPhone.
- Then press and release the Volume Down tab.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake tab on the right side of the iPhone until the slide to power off slider gets appeared on the display screen. You must then move the slider from the left side to the right side to reset the iPhone.
Steps To Do Hard Reset On iPhone Models
When you perform the hard reset, it will restart the iPhone, and it refreshes the memory which other application uses.
This process of Hard Reset will not delete any of your data.
If you are having an older version of the iPhone except the iPhone 7, then follow these steps:
- firstly, hold down the Sleep/Wake tab and the Home tab, located at the bottom of the display screen simultaneously.
- When the power off slider gets appeared, you should then continue to hold the tabs. Then keep holding the buttons until the display screen is turned black.
- The Apple logo will appear shortly afterward.
- When you find the Apple logo, it means that the iPhone is resetting; you can then release the buttons altogether.