What is Odin Mode On Samsung?
OEMs such as Samsung, Nokia, and LG phones all come with an inbuilt Download Mode or Odin Mode. However, the Fast boot commands can not be executed in the Odin Mode.
When the phone is put in Odin mode, your phone or tablet can download firmware binaries such as BL, AP, CP, and CSC via Odin Tool.
Methods To Boot Samsung Smartphones in The Download Mode
- By using hardware key combinations
- By using Volume Up and Volume Down buttons
- Samsung Download Mode Tool Without Keys
- By using the ADB command
Among all of them, The last two methods can boot your device in the Download Mode without pressing any keys or the buttons.
- Using Hardware Key Combinations
It is most probably the popular method to enter the Download Mode on the Samsung Devices. It was the universal method until all the Samsung devices, either phones or tablets, had the Power, Home, and the Volume Keys. However, the Home button’s departure and the introduction of the Bixby button on Samsung devices, the hardware key combination to come into the Download mode has not only changed it but also differs from device to device.
On devices with Home, Power, and Volume Keys
- Firstly, Turn off your Samsung device
- then hold the Home, Power, and Volume Down Keys altogether for 2 to 3 seconds
On devices with the Power and Volume Keys
- Firstly, power off your Samsung device
- Then hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power buttons simultaneously for 2 to 3 seconds
On devices with the Power, Bixby, and the Volume Keys
- Firstly, turn off your Samsung device (phone or tablet)
- Then press and hold the Volume Down, Bixby, and Power Keys altogether for 2 to 3 seconds
- Then press the Volume Up button.
On devices with the Volume and Power cum Bixby Keys
- Turn off your Samsung devices.
- Hold the Volume Up and Power button together for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Then your Samsung device will boot into Recovery mode.
- Highlight the Reboot to bootloader button in the recovery menu and then press the Power button
- Your Samsung device will then boot into the Odin Mode.
2. Using Volume Up and Volume Down Keys
- When the Power button on the Samsung phone or a tablet does not function, you can boot it into the Odin mode by using only the volume keys.
- Firstly, power off your Samsung device.
- Hold up both Volume Up and Volume Down keys altogether and hold for a few seconds.
- Now plug the USB in your device.
- Ensure that the USB is well connected to the power source like the charger or a PC.
3.Samsung Download mode without Keys
There are two methods to enter the download mode without touching the device’s hardware keys, and both of these methods will require a computer and a USB cable.
4.By using the ADB command
- Firstly, install the latest Samsung USB driver.
- Download the ADB and Fast boot tools latest version for windows, mac, or Linux.
- Then extract the downloaded Zip file.
- Open the extracted tools folder.
- launch the command prompt.
- Turn on the USB debugging on your Samsung phone or a tablet.
- Connect your Samsung device to your personal computer via USB cable and confirm that your device’s screen is unlocked while the commands are executed.
- As you receive a string of alphanumeric value in the cmd window, proceed it with the next command.
- And that’s it .now your Samsung device will reboot into the Download Mode or Odin Mode.