This power guide of Moto G7 will show you how to unlock the bootloader and Root the Moto G7 by using Magisk. Moto G7 Power is not known for its software. The manufacturer is long known for the irregular and delayed support service when it comes to software(ODIN) updates. Before performing any action on it, you must first unlock your Motorola Device’s Bootloader, which is quite simple. The instructions given below will take you through the complete process in a comprehensive manner.
Requirements Before Following Instructions
All the requirements must be fulfilled first before start following the given instructions:
- Take Backup: The data in your phone must be very precious, and while performing the instructions, it can harm the data stored on your phone so, you should first take a backup of the complete data before beginning.
- Install the SDK platform-tools of Android: Download the latest version of the android platform tools for your PC like Windows, Linux, and macOS. Once they are downloaded, extract the contents of the zip package to receive the platform-tools folder. This folder contains the binary files of the required tools like ADB and Fast boot.
- Inside the platform-tools folder, launch the command line: Once the platform-tools are installed, you need to launch the command line window under the platform-tools folder.
- Windows: Go to C drive, then on Platform tools. Hit the Shift key on the keyboard and then right-click on the space inside the folder.
- Linux or Mac: first launch the terminal and then use the cd command to modify its directory to the platform-tools folder.
- Install USB drivers on PC: If you are planning to operate on the Windows PC, ensure that you download and install Motorola’s latest USB drivers.
- Charge your phone’s battery: Charge up your phone’s battery to a sufficient level so that it does not get power off suddenly while performing the instructions as they take a long time to perform.
Instructions Of Moto G7
Unlock Bootloader of Moto G7
Like all other android devices, the Moto G7 bootloader is also locked and prevent the device partitions from flashing. First, unlock the bootloader of your phone by using the official method provided by Motorola itself. Here are steps how it is to be done:
- Firstly, switch off your phone and then hold the Volume Down + Power Keys simultaneously to enter the Bootloader Mode.
- Then In Bootloader Mode, connect your phone to the computer by using the USB cable.
- Enter the command displaying in the command line to retrieve your mobile phone’s unique unlocked data.
- The command should be returned in a string in a particular format.
- Copy the lines of strings to a text editor on your PC and then remove the line breaks and the whitespaces to convert it into a one-line string.
- When you have the, unlock data required, visit the official Motorola Bootloader Unlocking portal in your computer’s browser. Click on the Next button after scrolling the page.
- The official portal will then take you to the login page with your Motorola account login.
- Please scroll down the page and find pointer #6, asking you to enter the device unlock key. Copy the key from there, then paste it into the input field, and then click on the blue-colored button “ Can my device be unlocked?”.
- After key validation, scroll down the page further and then select the checkbox “ I Agree” to agree to Motorola’s terms. And lastly, click on the blue tab “ Request Unlock Key.”
- You will now receive the phone’s unique bootloader unlock key in your registered Email address.
- Enter the command to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G7 Power finally.
- Then you have to replace the “ <bootloader-unlock-Key>” with the unique unlock key of 20 characters that you have received in your email address.
And that is it; your Moto G7 Bootloader is now fully unlocked. It would be best if you booted the phone and then set it up.
Root Moto G7 By Using Magisk
Here we will be discussing the steps to root the Moto G7.
- Firstly, download the latest Magisk installer and the forced encryption disabler ZIP files on your PC.
- Then copy both the downloaded files inside the “Platform-tools” folder.
- The next step is to connect your Moto G7 to the Pc by using the USB cable.
- Then use the associated commands to transfer both the files to the internal storage of your phone.
- Once the files are transferred, disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Then go to the TWRP main screen and hit the “Install” button.
- Browse the storage and then select the “Magisk-v21.2.zip” file.
- Click on the button “Add more Zips” and then select the zip file to add it to the flashing queue.
- And finally, swipe the button on the bottom of the screen to flash the ZIP files and then root your Moto G7 Power phone.
Once the flashing process is completed, press the “Reboot System” tab, and it is done.