Bricking means that your Android device has turned into a non-functioning and unusable state. Two types of Bricks are there:
- Hard Brick that has a Dead screen, no reaction at the press of power button.
- Soft Brick, which includes the Device, is unable to boot and stuck in the Boot animation Screen is turned off but turns up again when the power button or some specific key combination is used).
If you have got the latest Android Samsung Galaxy S5 and have managed to get it bricked, take a deep breath. Done? Now read out this tutorial to learn how to unbrick your Samsung Galaxy S5 in just a few steps.
Requirements To Unbrick The Samsung Galaxy S5 by Installing The Android Stock OS Version:
- Download and install the USB drivers for Galaxy S5 on your personal computer
- Enable the USB debugging option by pressing the Menu button and then go to the Settings option and find Applications. Navigate and click on the Developer Options to make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 carries more than 70% of charging.
Benefit Of Stock Firmware:
- Can be to unbrick your telephone
- Fix the Boot circle issue
- overhaul and Downgrade your telephone
- Unroot and Fix Bugs on your telephone
- To fix falter
- You can address programming mistakes by blazing Stock ROM.
- Restore your gadget guarantee.
How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S5?
This method of unbricking will flash stock Android OS on the Samsung Galaxy S5. If you cannot unfreeze your Samsung Galaxy S5 by factory resetting it, this process will help you get it unbricked.
Before you move forward to steps
- Create an account on Samsung mobile to get the firmware.
- Use the search bar to find the required firmware – enter your Samsung Galaxy S5 model number that can be found in the “Settings > More > About Device > Build Number.”
- Download the appropriate stock Android firmware file which matches with your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Extract the data of the zip file, and you would then find a .tar.md5 file.
- Also, download the Odin 3.09 version from here. Extract and save the files on the personal computer.
Steps To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5, remove the battery and then re-insert it after ten seconds.
- Boot your Galaxy S5 in Odin Mode.
- Launch Odin on your personal computer and then connect your Galaxy S5 to PC by using a USB cable.
- Once it is successfully connected, tap the AP button on the Odin app.
- Locate the link “.tar.md5” stock Android firmware file which was extracted earlier.
- Don’t make any changes in any other settings except ensuring that Re-partitioning is disabled.
- Click on start button.
- After the flashing process gets completed, it will restart, and you will be able to set it up with your Gmail account.
This method should unbrick your Samsung Galaxy S5. However, if this method also doesn’t work for you, it would be the best thing if you could visit a Samsung service center to get it repaired.