Samsung devices are a little difficult to root as these devices come up with non-unlockable bootloaders. So now it has become a huge task to perform this activity.
Tips To Root Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 Snapdragon Variants By Using Extreme Syndicate
The rooting method is known as the “Extreme Syndicate.” Now before you move on towards the instructions for rooting, you need to acquaint yourself with some bits and pieces of this method:
- Primarily, this rooting method can be used on any of the Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9+ and Note 9 and runs on the combination firmware based on the Android 8.1 Oreo.
- Next, the rooting is only possible with the Chainfire’s SuperSU system root instead of Magisk. So, therefore, you will not be able to pass Google’s Safety Net tests and will not use applications such as Pokemon Go, Google Play, and many others.
- This method also involves the flashing of the combination firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device, which will control the Phone’s battery charging to 80%.
- Lastly, the developers have already mentioned that the MTP connection, biometric security such as Fingerprint and Face Unlock, and front camera will not be in a working model. These problems are currently being worked on and might be fixed in the future release with the updates.
- This particular rooting method’s advantage is that the KNOX counter will not be tripped, which means that you will not lose the warranty, and applications like Secure Folder and Samsung Pay may still be working.
Prerequisites of Rooting Galaxy S9/S9+ or Note 9
- Create the complete backup of the data stored in your Galaxy Smartphone that includes your apps and their data along with the contacts, emails, call logs, etc., as the rooting process may erase all the data from the internal storage of your Phone.
- Enough battery level is required for the rooting process as it is a time-consuming process.
- Ensure that you have already downloaded the latest version of the Samsung USB drivers installed on the computer.
- Also, download the mode Odin 3.13.1 and then extract the Zip file to your computer’s appropriate storage location.
Steps To Follow Instructions
Step 1: Flash The Combination Firmware
- Download the extreme syndicate root package for:
- Galaxy S9: Extreme.Syndicate.Root.S9.rar
- Galaxy S9+: Extreme.Syndicate.S9p.zip
- Galaxy Note 9: Extreme.Syndicate.Root.N9.zip
- As the package is downloaded, extract the computer package by using an archive tool such as WinRAR or 7Zip.
- Now create a folder that consists of all the files that are required for the rooting process.
- Extract the Snapdragon Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 root package on the computer.
- Then launch the Odin Flash Tool by double tap on the modded Odin v3.13.1 file.
- Now turn off the Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9 completely.
- Then press the Volume Down and Bixby button altogether and connect the Phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Hit the Volume Up Key of the Phone to enter into the Odin Mode.
- Tap on the AP button in the Odin tool window and select the combination firmware file from the folder you have extracted earlier.
- Firmware on your Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 9.
The flashing procedure will then take a few minutes to finish it up, and once it is done, your Phone will get automatically reboot.
Step 2: Run “Root_Installer.bat” and Flash the “BotSwap.tar.md5″ file by Using Odin Tool
- After the Phone gets boot into the combination operating system.
- Connect the device to the computer by using via USB cable.
- Click on the Root to run it.
- The installer will then perform the required procedure automatically. And after its completion, your Phone will automatically get a boot into the Odin Mode.
- Now flash the Boot Swap tar.md5 file by using Odin. The file will swap the boot and recovery partitions of the device so that system can be mounted.
- Then launch the modded version of Odin Tool on your personal computer.
- Confirm that “Auto Reboot” in Odin’s Options menu remains unchecked or Turned off.
- Tap the AP button in Odin and then select the Boot Swap file.
- Tap the start button to flash the files and swap the boot and recovery partitions of the Galaxy Phone.
- Now in this stage, you have to make sure that after the flashing process gets complete, you will boot the Phone using the key combinations to get into the recovery mode.
Step 3: Install the files Using Flash Fire.
- Connect your particular Phone to your computer by using a USB cable and then transfer the system. img, vendor. img and ODM_Root.zip files to the internal storage of a phone. After the transfer is done, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Ensure that Airplane Mode is Enabled. Go towards the app drawer and launch the Flash Fire application.
- Hit the + icon in the Actions menu to expand the list of available actions.
- Now add the Android 8.1 Oreo system image and the vendor image files to the flashing queue. To execute this, hit the Flash Firmware package and then select the system. img.ext4 file that you have transferred earlier. Select the Flash Firmware package again and then select the vendor. img.ext4 file.
- Hit on the + icon and then select the Flash ZIP or OTA. Browse the Phone’s storage and then select the ODM_Root.zip file. Also, make sure that the mount system option is checked.
- Select the Wipe from Flash Fire’s action screen and ensure the system data, party apps, and Dalvik cache options remain checked.
- Click on the Ever Root and then make sure that the Inject Super SU option is unchecked.
- And finally, hit the flash button to flash all the needed filed and then root your Snapdragon Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9.